I will just dedicate this post to admin stuff like transferring existing information and plans that I have written down on paper into a post.
HPH Trust USD
Dividend (Annual) : 0.07 SGD
Bi-Annual Payout : June (0.03) and December (0.04)
Exchange Rate: 1.2752 @ time of calculation
1) Bought 5 lots @ 0.675 = $3375 USD = $4303.80 SGD
Dividend yield: 8.13%
2) Buy 5 lots @ 0.625 = $3125 USD = $3985 SGD
Dividend yield: 8.78%
Outcome: Average 10 lots @ 0.650 = $6500 USD = $8288.80 SGD
Dividend yield: 8.45%
Reason for purchase:
- MACD Bullish Divergence
- Price @ Resistance turn support (0.68)
- Can possibly hit 0.78 (But I’m playing for yield)
- Idle cash with no proper near-term opportunity for yield
- Good liquidity
Mapletree Industrial Trust
- Global Exposure
- 3.2b in assets
- Stable and growing dividend payout
- Expect 2014/15 DPU to be 10.04
Waiting for opportune timing : 1.30
At 1.30 (target), based on 10.04 DPU, dividend yield is projected to be 7.723% Expect steady 0.0251 quarterly dividend.
NAV as at 30 June 2014: 1.20
Debt ratio: 37.5%
Dividend Reinvestment Plan available: Pros – Snowball effect. Cons – Dilutive
Financial Position: Steady & Has sufficient banking facilities
Managers of Trust are paid in share units
New subletting policy from 50% to 70%. Commenced 1 Oct 2014. Grace period till 31 Dec 2017.
- Harder to find new tenants
- Existing tenants forced to expand. They could possibly leave to seek cheaper alternatives (?)
- However, JTC new policy is islandwide. Cheaper alternative might be abroad.